DAMAST – Technologies for Safe and Efficient Operation of
Hydropower Reservoirs 2019 -2022
December 12-14, 2019 the Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University the International Scientific Conference on the theme „Natural Disasters in Georgia: Monitoring, Prevention, Mitigation“ is conducted.
The conference is dedicated to the 175 and 120 Anniversary of the Organization in Georgia of Regular Magneto-Meteorological and Seismological Observations.
We invite you to participate in the conference!
Nino Berianidze – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Mob.: +995 598 30 36 00
Manana Nikolaishvili – E-mail: email@example.com , Mob.: +995 557 23 62 90
Mikheil Pipia – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Mob.: +995 593 55 65 11
Attachments: 1. The First Information Letter, 2. Registration Card , 3. Requirements for Article Design (3 files).
Applied Geophysics in Construction
- Geological and geophysical exploration of building sites of constructions – highways, railways, bridges, tunnels, dams, hydropower stations and other engineering objects (sections, maps);
- Demarcation of landslides, compilation of sections, delineation of karsts and tunnels;
- Investigation of damage in foundations, piles and other engineering constructions; monitoring of deformations of buildings by precise tiltmeters; emergency assistance;
- Prospecting of mineral deposits and calculation of reserves;
- Prospecting for underground waters and measurements of ground water level/dynamics, age; compilation of three-dimentional hydrogeological computer models, localization of water leakage;
- Planning and optimal management of geothermal systems;
- Determining mechanical properties of the soil at building sites by elastic cross wave method (Vs30) up to 30m depth;
- Exploration of buried archaeological monuments;
- Geological security (see the following page);
Measuring elastic properties of rocks and building materials by thermal and ultrasonic method;
- Checking concrete quality by ultrasonic method;
Geophysical investigations do not harm buried monuments.
The investigations are performed in the shortest time, which is due to using modern exploration equipment and methodology and visualization of data by modern computer programs.
The exploration method (seismic, electromagnetic, magnetic) or a set of methods will be chosen according to the target task. Besides land service the investigation from boreholes or pits is possible. Detailed description of geophysical investigation methods is given below.
The investigation reports are completed with: Graphical material (schemes, sections, maps in GIS); Tables (physical and mechanical properties of rocks, GSI); Digital presentation, 2- and 3-dimensional visualization; Translation to other languages.
RESULTS OF GEOPHYSICAL INVESTIGATIONS