Doctor of Science (PhD) in Physics and Mathematics,
Address: 95 Vazha- Pshavela ave., Tbilisi, Georgia;
Telephone; +99532254-57-40; +995557-16-94-10 Fax: +99532233-28-67;
Date of Birth (D/M/Y); 25 September 1956
Education: 1974-1979 – Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Faculty of Physics.
1979-1982 Post graduate
Academic degree: 2003- Doctor of Science (PhD) in Physics and Mathematics
Work experience: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University M. Nodia Institute of Geophysics – Head of Department of Dynamics of Geophysical Fields and Computational Geophysics
Publications and citations: The total number of publications 200, including 55 referred SCOPUS- international scientific database of indexed international journals with impact factor. In international scientific database of SCOPUS- indexed in impact factor journals of publications has been found 306 citations.
Citation Index by international scientific database in SCOPUS (Author h-index): h=11.
Participation in International Forums/Conferences:
- Conference on dynamical systems, 1998, Trieste; IUGG XXII General Assemly, 1999, Birmingham;
- Nonlinear dynamics in life and social sciences, 2000, Moscow;
- Twentieth Century Harmonic Analysis, 2000, Il Ciocco, Italy;
- Complexity on macroscopic and microscopic scales, 2001, Oslo; Fall meeting on Harmonic analysis, 2001, Boston;
- Morse Theoretic Methods in Nonlinear Analysis and in Symplectic Topology, 2004, Montreal;
- Computational noncommutative algebra and applications, Il Ciocco, Italy;
- Hydrofractals’03, Ascona, Switzerland;
- Advances in Sensing with Security Applications, 2005;
- Co-director and invited lecturer of NATO ASI “Imaging for Detection and Identification”, 23 July – 5 August, 2006, Il Ciocco, Italy.
- Dynamics Days Europe, Loughborough, 2007, UK.
- Spatial Planning as a Strategy for Mitigation and Adaptation to Natural Hazards “ 3 – 9 March 2008, Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- Dynamics Days Europe, Delft, 2009, Netherlands.
- Dynamical Systems and Randomness Conference, Paris, France, 2009.
- Hydrocomplexity, Kovacs Colloquium, Paris, 2010
- Fractals and Dynamic Systems in Geoscience. Perugia, Italy, 2013
- Modern Dynamical Methods in Geophysics, Warsaw, Poland, 2015
- 8th Chaotic Modeling and Simulation International Conference (CHAOS2015), Paris, France, 2015.
- 9thChaotic Modeling and Simulation (CMSIM) conference, Paris, 2016.
- 10th Chaotic Modeling and Simulation International Conference, Barcelona, Spain, 2017
- The ITISE, International work-conference on Time Series, Granada, Spain, 2017
Participation in Research Projects:
- INTAS-01-2301, Selforganized criticality concept and prediction of strong seismic events, 2002-2004.
- DAAD funded three month visit to Institute of Physics, University of Oldenburg, Germany, 2004.
- INTAS- 05-1000008-7889, Triggering and synchronization of seismic/acoustic events by weak external forcing as a sign of approaching the critical point
- GNSF/ST06/5-028 2006-2008. Triggering and synchronization of seismic and acoustic events by weak external forcing: implications for earthquake prediction
- ISTC A-1418, 2006-2008. Open network of Scientific Centers for Mitigation Risk of Natural Hazards in the Southern Caucasus and Central Asia.
- RER /8/012-IAEA, Isotope Methods for Management of Drinking Water Resources in Water Scarcity Areas.
- DAAD funded three month visit to Institute of Physics, University of Oldenburg, Germany, 2010.
- The first step to creation of real time geotechnical telemetric monitoring system of large dams: the case of the Enguri dam International Test area. 2009-2011, STCU-5016.
- Imvestigation of large dam induced changes in geophysical phenomena:the case study of Enguri dam International Test Area, Georgia, CNR-RNSF, 2012-2013.
- Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation (SRNSF), grant 217838 “Investigation of dynamics of earthquake’s temporal distribution” 2016-2019.
Languages: Georgian, Russian, English.
List of Publications in the International Peer Reviewed Journals (over the last 5 years):
- Matcharashvili, T. Chelidze, Z. Javakhishvili, N. Zhukova, N. Jorjiashvili, I. Shengelia.
- Discrimination between stochastic dynamics patterns of ambient noises (case study for Oni seismic station), Acta Geophysica, (DOI) 10.2478/s11600-013-0141-1, June 2013.
- Matcharashvili, L. Telesca, T. Chelidze, Z. Javakhishvili, N. Zhukova, Analysis of temporal variation of earthquake occurrences in Caucasus from 1960 to 2011, Tectonophysics, DOI information: 10.1016/j.tecto.2013.07.033 . 2013.
- Matcharashvili T; Chelidze T., Zhukova, N., Influence of High Energy Electromagnetic Pulses on the Dynamics of the Seismic Process Around the Bishkek Test Area (Central Asia), Pure and Applied Geophysics, 172 (2015), 1893-1908.
- Teimuraz Matcharashvili, Tamaz Chelidze, Natalia Zhukova, Assessment of the relative ratio of correlated and uncorrelated waiting times in the Southern California earthquakes catalogue, Physica A 433 (2015) 291–303.
- Teimuraz Matcharashvili, Tamaz Chelidze, Z. Javakhishvili, Natalia Zhukova, Variation of the scaling characteristics of temporal and spatial distribution of earthquakes in Caucasus, Physica A 449 (2016) 136-144.
- Teimuraz Matcharashvili, Natalia Zhukova, Tamaz Chelidze, Dimitra Founda and Evangelos Gerasopoulos, Analysis of long-term variation of the annual number of warmer and colder days using Mahalanobis distance metrics— A case study for Athens, Physica A 487 (2017) 22–31.